Sachs 290 mod questions, head, exhaust etc.

Chassie, Drivlina, osv
PoroFin

Sachs 290 mod questions, head, exhaust etc.

Inlägg av PoroFin » 09 mar 2019, 19:18

Does any of you have real life field proven comments on making a tuned pipe to Sachs SA290, for "daily" all around use. The stock pipe of Ockelbo 300 is easy to beat as it is poor design so anything that is better, is better.

I am interested in simple, 2 cone types, and measures you used to make your pipe. 2 cones Only because making more with just sheet metal shears is lots of effort and more possibilities to ruin it.

-total length from piston wall to stingers end.

-diameters and lengths of all parts ( one before first cone, cones diameters, etc ).

-if someone has found a suitable factory made pipe from some newer snowmobile or even from a motocross bike, i am very interested to hear excact brand/models.

My engine has -0.55 millimeters shaved head, exhaust port raised 1mm, intake duration altered by filing off 1.5mm from piston skirt, and both the intake and exhaust ports are widened 4-5mm.

Iam trying to gain more torque / lmid rpm power, lets say 2500-5500 range, and as the stock engine pushes its max hp at 5500rpm, the pipes max rpm should be around there.

Thanks for all the help.